Parents and Students:
I hope you were able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine last week. We are in for some more rain, but thankfully it isn't anything like the last storm.
A couple of things to know:
1. We will be closed Feb 13, 14, and 20 for holidays. I know it is rough for our Monday students, so please let us know if you want to squeeze in a session in between there. I heard that PCS will change to a *ski week* break next year rather than the back to back holidays. Fingers crossed!
2. I will be out of the office Thursday, Feb 9th. I know it's not great timing, so let me know If you would like to do a Zoom session that weekend.
3. Some families are able to write off their tuition on their taxes. Check with your accountant or tax preparer if this can apply to you.
4. High school students: sometime in the next month, you will be picking classes for next year. Please email me if you want to discuss options.
5. Juniors: it is time to start looking at colleges. Set aside 20 minutes a week to take virtual tours, read a college guide (like Fiske), or listen to a podcast. Get familiar with the application process. Start thinking about what major is a good fit for you, whether you want a big or small school, rural or urban, etc. Set up a spreadsheet with all the different factors to help guide you through the decisions. There is a lot you can do before you go on a college tour.
Rain or shine, we are here for you. Don't be afraid to ask for help or for advice. We want the best for you, always.